About Me

My photo
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
I'm Reece Fox; a 23 year old World of Warcraft playing, peace loving, song singing, tree hugger. I've got a sharp tongue, a hot temper, and a sarcastic quick-witted humor. Love me, hate me, just don't try to make me. Being something I'm not just ain't me.

Friday, January 14, 2011

I Heard From Becky Who Heard From Lisa Who Heard From Amy....

WOMEN LOVE GOSSIP!


[Gossip Bitch #1] "Did you see what she was wearing?"
[Loyal Follower] I KNOW!
[Gossip Bitch #2] "She could go straight from work to a street corner!"
[Loyal Follower] DEFINITELY! {insert malicious laughter}
{Innocent Eavesdropper} Who you guys talking about?
[Gossip Bitch #1] You mean you didn't SEE her?! Oh, trust me.
You'll know it when you see it.
[Gossip Bitch #2] She's wearing her hooker boots today.
[Gossip Bitch #1] Prostitute boots.
[Loyal Follower] YEAH! What a slut!
{Innocent Eavesdropper} Ohh. Ok. {walks away}

I didn't mean to be dropping eaves. I really didn't, (at least not THIS time). However, if you're going to talk shit about somebody you work with, you really shouldn't do it in the breakroom. And you really shouldn't do it while other employees are within ear shot, especially when that "certain hooker" you're talking about happens to be your boss.
When I heard the word "SSSSSSLUT" come from the lips of the loyal follower, to be honest, it shocked me! I was dying to find out what my manager was wearing that stirred up so much chatter. I obviously didn't take a photo of my manager, but I found these outfits to show a general idea of her attire from the waist-down. 
I know what you're thinking!! These women look like total prostitutes, right? I mean, they might as well quit their day jobs and turn to cheap condoms, smoking crack, and a boyfriend named Big Daddy. LoL. Seriously? Aside from the tube top, I don't think these outfits look inappropriate for Kohl's. Certainly not deserving of the word "SLUT". It was clear to me that these women were just jealous. I felt pity because I know if I was in my 40's,50's, had gray hair, wrinkles, and bad teeth... I'd be jealous too. Just not jealous enough to defame somebodys character over something as silly as shoes!

Well, it just didn't sit right with me. I decided to go to the manager. I told her what I overheard, and that it made me feel awful and uncomfortable. It resonated with me because we are supposed to be good to one another as co-workers. It should be us against the customers, not each other. We're all in the same boat, even the managers. It's just a job, and we shouldn't let it define who we are.

Long story short, the loyal follower found out that I passed along the slut comment. I found this very unsettling, especially since I never divuldged any information about where the comment came from and who was participating in the conversation. I felt guilty because I was actually friends with the follower, but I realized something; I feel negative because I surround myself with negative. So, when the loyal follower blocked me from FBook I wasn't upset. She was actually doing me a favor. 2011 is a new year, and a fresh start. So, step 1 on my journey to aboslute self discovery:
Surround myself with something positve and become something positive.

5 comments:

  1. I think your plan is good and you should also try to think positive. I don't know about you, but I'm a huge pessimist and I'm trying really hard to think more positive. It's not always working, but at least I'm trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those kind of boots. I wish I had long legs so I would look nice in them. Those girls were just jealous. I would have done the same thing you did. You are right in that you don't need to be surrounded by negativity. You are a good person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a little more drama from the first Kohls I worked at but the LS Kohls has so much more shit talking. And from what I noticed it was usually the older ladies. In the break room, on the floor, where ever. However, I never over heard them making such a big deal over nothing. I've seen riskier outfits than that on employees.
    I wonder if it was because of the heels or because the boots went past her ankles lol.
    Not going to lie, one of my friends from my previous store came to visit one day and was shocked at the heels our managers wear. Not because they were "slutty" but because she couldn't believe they weren't doubled over in pain from standing in them and walking in them all day haha

    Good job on cutting the negative from your life. Negative people really will bring you down. The more you are around them without doing something the more likely you will accidently end up saying something just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually my mom who got a puppy. She got a mini Australian Shepherd that was a puppy mill rescue. It's afraid of it's own shadow but absolutely adorable and getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love boots like that but I have muscular calf's and can't find many boots that are knee-high that fit right! :(

    I'd wear them, "slut boot" title or no!

    Good job on cutting negative from your life though! I know how absolutely painfully hard that can be.

    ReplyDelete